Saturday, June 7, 2008

Worldwide Dungeons & Dragons Game Day II

In which I sucessfully make my saving throw vs. 4th edition.


Played the scenario; I was a cleric. Why, oh why, do they have to put a riddle as the first encounter? I was barely awake when I got there, so it wasn't easy.

And from then on it was all combat. There's stuff for every character to do, even the Wizard, but there's almost too much to do. And this was for first level characters.

Anyway, I didn't end up buying the 4th ed player's handbook. I really couldn't justify it; I don't think I'll ever actually play.

But I did get to see Dave Arneson, and he signed my First Fantasy Campaign, so that was pretty darn cool. And there was one of his original players there, Pete somebody (I knew I should have written that down...) He was a blast to talk to. Can't remember anything he said, but it was seriously groovy.

Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments: